27th PSAD Annual Scientific Meeting
Research Accelerating Psychosocial Innovations in Diabetes
29th Nov to 1st Dec 2022
The PSAD and the Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen are pleased to announce the Research Accelerating Psychosocial Innovations in Diabetes (RAPID) Conference from 29th Nov to 1st Dec 2022.
The scientific programme is endorsed by the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD). The RAPID conference is sponsored by the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
Psychosocial research is critical to every aspect of diabetes care. RAPID is a novel conference to provide a space for collaborative working which will actively involve all stakeholders (including people living with diabetes, early and mid-career researchers, clinicians, senior academics, industry and policy makers).
The aims of the 3-day conference are to:
- Stimulate communication, generate research ideas, and promote collaboration in diabetes psychosocial research
- Expand the community of practice in this research area by supporting and learning from people with diabetes, early career researchers and providing grants for attendance at the conference to those from low- and middle-income countries to ensure representation
- Promote dissemination of effective psychological assessments, interventions, and care pathways in diabetes care
- Improve the relevance and quality of research in the psychosocial area
- Build both the capacity and the impact of psychosocial research in diabetes.
Over 100 delegates will attend RAPID, with our affordable registration fees and six full Travel Fellowships available, to achieve our aims. The RAPID programme affords time for formal and informal networking and collaboration developments.
RAPID welcomes attendance and presentations from a wide range of delegates, including people with diabetes, early career researchers, clinicians, senior academics, industry and policy makers.
Day three of the conference is for PSAD members and invited guests only. Please visit the Become a Member page for information on how to join PSAD.
- Abstract submissions open 16th May 2022 and close 30th June 2022; outcome notified in week of 8th August 2022
- Early bird (incl accommodation reservations) deadline Midnight 8th September
- Registration deadline (must book own accommodation) Midnight Sunday 13th November
- Travel Award applications open 16th May 2022 and close 30th June 2022; outcome notified in week of 8th August 2022. Please note that the deadline for applications from low-and-middle income countries has been extended until 11th July 2022.
- PSAD Science Award applications open 13th June and close 30th August; outcome notified in week of 30th September 2022
- RAPID conference: 29th Nov to 1st Dec 2022
All conference details are available