The PSAD Study Group was founded by Frank Snoek from The Netherlands, with the support of the EASD Council. A founding business meeting of PSAD was held in September 1995, in Stockholm, Sweden. The official endorsement was prepared in 1996. The PSAD was officially endorsed as EASD study group by the 33rd General Assembly of the EASD in July 1997, on the occasion of the EASD annual meeting in Helsinki, Finland.
The PSAD Study Group organises the annual scientific meetings (“Spring meetings”) and scientific symposia.
Past activities of the PSAD Study Group
In 2001, on the occasion of the PSAD spring meeting in Como, Italy, a group of reseachers with an interest in depression and diabetes founded the European Depression In Diabetes (EDID) research consortium, under the auspices of the PSAD Study Group. EDID is dedicated to promote research in depression and diabetes, through international collaboration and networking.
Furthermore the PSAD has organised several symposia on the occasion of the annual EASD meetings.
- 2007 – “Diabetes and depression – extent and implications for clinical care”
- EASD official symposium in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2004 – “Psychosocial aspects and education/self-management in clinical diabetes care”
- EASD official symposium in Munich, Germany, in collaboration with the Diabetes Education Study Group
- 2004 – Diabetes Symposium at the International Conference for Behavioural Medicine (ICBM), Mainz, Germany
- 2002 – “Health-related Quality of Life, Depression and Diabetes”
- EASD satellite symposium in Budapest, Hungary, in collaboration with MAPI Institute (Lyon, France) and with sponsoring from the EU
- 2001 – “Consensus Conference on Cognitive Impairment in Diabetes”
- EASD satellite symposium in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 2000 – “Psychosocial aspects of Diabetes”
- EASD official symposium in Brussels, Belgium
- 1999 – “Cognitive Function in Diabetes-Assessment and Clinical Implications”
- EASD satellite symposium in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 1998 – “Behavioural Diabetes Research”
- EASD satellite symposium in Barcelona, Spain